As the title suggests, this blog post will be a mix of a lot of models. We’re having a big Team tournament this weekend, so I had to get my models ready. Sadly, I’ll be 2 models short of a fully painted force. Time just was against me these last weeks and I didn’t want to rush my painting.
First up, the Ogrun Bokur.
This is one of those models that has been lying around in my basement for quite some time, but never managed to get any paint. Somehow, I never played a caster that needed him. Until I started playing Butcher 3, that is. I did some minor conversions on him. That is, I stole the excellent idea that the brilliant Rob Hawkins posted on his Blog some years ago. I originally wanted to do a greenstuffed cloack to tie him in with the rest of my army, but in the end chose not to. Like I said, time was a bit against me and I would rather focus my time on other models.
Once painted up, he does feel like he is a bit out of place. He is missing some white, I think. Or maybe it’s the red trimming of his cloak bothering me. All in all, I’m ok with how the model turned out, though. I might go back to him sometime, but keeping in mind how little table time he has seen the last couple of years, I probably won’t.
Up next was a unit of Greylord Ternion. I have a feeling they are seeing a bit of a resurgence these days. Stock models, but they were very fun to paint. Despite the somewhat wonky faces, I love painting the billowing cloaks.
Last but not least was the Ragman. A handy solo that I always have a hard time getting the most out of. But he fits my list, So I will see what I can get out of him. I have to admit that the painting is a bit sloppy, but in my defense, I was half asleep while I was painting him.
As always, if you have any questions, let me know. You can reach me on twittter @tmsmnns